NEW HAMPSHIRE CHESS ASSOCIATION
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COVID PROTOCOLS
AND LIABILITY WAIVER
- All players at NHCA events must properly wear masks over their mouths and noses while indoors at the playing facility. This includes the playing area and all adjacent areas where people can be expected, regardless of whether those people are present for the chess event being held.
- All players will be expected to use hand-sanitizer before beginning their games. The customary shaking of hands before a game will be omitted. A supply of hand-sanitizer will be available to players at the site.
- Players are to bring their own equipment and are asked to wipe down any used equipment between rounds. The playing room will be cleaned between rounds by NHCA staff and assistants.
- NHCA events will be structured so as to provide social distancing where possible. While distancing the opponents in a chess game is not practical in tournament chess, it is possible to distance the boards, and that will be done. Attendance will be limited at our events to allow for social distancing, including a restriction on the number of players and, if necessary, a ban on observers in the playing room. Players are asked to note the distance between boards and, to the extent possible, to observe a safe distance from others playing in the event.
- Participation in a NHCA event is contingent upon players being able to answer the following questions in the negative:
- Do you have new or unexplained symptoms of Covid-19: cough, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, joint aches, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, change of taste or smell?
- If you have not been fully vaccinated, have you come into close contact with anyone who was diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 10 days?
- Have you traveled internationally or on a cruise ship in the past 10 days?
- Do you have a fever of 100.4 degrees or greater?
- The NHCA has outlined the above to address the risk of Covid-19 transmission. However, this is not a guarantee against transmission, and there is an inherent risk of Covid-19 transmission whenever an indoor event is held. Players who have read the above and find the outlined precautions inadequate are advised not to participate. Players who opt to participate must agree to the following:
If a player is unable to participate in an NHCA event due to a positive answer to any of the above questions, the player will be removed from the event. Should this occur before the event begins, a full refund of the entry fee will be given to the player.
I hereby acknowledge that, while precautions are being taken to guard against Covid-19 transmission at this event, this is not a guarantee against transmission. I hereby agree, as a condition of participation in this event, to release and defend, hold harmless and indemnify the New Hampshire Chess Association, its shareholders, directors, officers, agents, faculty, volunteers, employees, representatives and contractors (hereinafter “the Releasees”) from all liability, claims, expenses, fees, fines, penalties, losses, suits, proceedings, actions and costs including attorneys’ fees and court costs, including personal injury and death, resulting from or arising out of participation in this event, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.